Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Troyce Heath- May 28, 2013


My overall experience in Costa Rica has been not just amazing but an eye opening!  There have been some good and some bad experiences here but I’d rather focus on the good ones in this blog. The trip to Monteverde gave me the chance to mark three things off my bucket list; zip lining, see a tranachula without killing it and walk through the clouds.  I was also able to meet people from different walks of life who within themselves have had great experiences at their service learning sites and homestays. I’ve found that no matter the environments we come from or are currently apart of we have a lot in common with each other. Anyone that knows me knows that I love childrenmy service-learning site was perfect. I got a chance to interact with elementary students during their English class. I was a little shocked by how much of the English they were able to pick up without grammar or phonetics both of which are prohibited by the broad of education. I learned even more about myself that I either didn’t know or didn’t understand about myself, I meet some wonderful Costa Rican people and I learned the true meaning of “love” during my stay here in Costa Rica. I could go on and on about my experience here in Costa Rica but for now Pura Vida!

I'm in the middle of Meagan and Sarah (right)

The courtyard of the school

Students playing during recess

With our students!


No comments:

Post a Comment